Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Equinox, Happy Spring!!

It's the first day of spring!

We have found that Lyon has the perfect climate to our tastes. Summers are promising to be not quite as hot as southern CA, and winter consists of plenty of sunny days in the 40's and 50's (farenheit) with rain and very rarely light snow. We strongly prefer this type of winter over what we experienced in CA--we feel like we can fully experience winter (knowing we are fully justified in wearing our wool coats, which were always too warm in CA) without the harsher elements of cold that much of the world endures. And so, spring is coming into bloom, and I am loving it, especially because it has been six years since I have fully seen it.

Here is how Lyon is changing seasons at the moment


The following photos I took while on a stroll in Park de la Tete d'Or last week...



Ahhh...just like the plains of Tanzania....well, maybe not... Zoos are just not the same after seeing these amazing creatures in their natural habitats.







These photos I took a couple of days later while strolling through Vieux Lyon and then up the hill to Fourviere Basilica.
If you click on this photo to enlarge it, then you will see tiny buds on the branches.



And also a few photos of the inside of the Basilica...
Wishing you all much happiness in this wonderful season...

3 comments:

Sara said...

How beautiful!!! Makes me wish I could be there.
-Sara

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Sara!!! I wish you could be here too. I would be jumping miles high in joy if I could see you here! I miss you!

SueMarkmomgram said...

Hello dearest people.

Life is funny. I just took for granted feeling warm about you knowing you were right here in So. Cal, but now that you're far across the sea, my feelings are still warm, but somewhat lonesome for you today. What a great adventure you are having. We love you. We're sorry we weren't better communicators when you were right here. What beautiful pictures of a beautiful place. Our love across the miles. Aunt Sue (Where is Audrey right now?)