Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finally my life is complete!

For the last two months, we have purposefully left a blank space in our living room in hopes of finding a very specific item. After much research and deliberation, we would like to introduce you to the newest member of the family! Meet......(drumroll).......Piano Butler!!!!!

Here is a quote from an email that I wrote to my family describing the happy event:

"Soooooooooo...we just bought the piano this morning. It was an amazing experience to do that with Mark. You know, our first real date was shopping for a digital piano. It was really really special that we did it again, bought it together, and all in French in France! I love the piano--I think it is a newer model of the piano we left behind in the USA and that is now in my parents' music room. It has weighted keys and is wonderful quality. I think they have improved the technology because there is an even greater dynamic range and a richer sound. It has a beautiful rosewood finish that is sold only in Europe! I love it, and I can't wait to play for you over the phone. My fingers are soooooo excited to finally get to play again and to have the time to really do it!"

This is me with my favorite Chopin Nocturne flowing out of my fingers. Finally...

6 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations! I could not be happier for you. You look beautiful in the photo, playing.

Love,
Dad

Senegal Daily said...

I love that you named it Piano Butler. :)

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Actually, the naming of this piano was inspired by another member of the family---a very important being named "Guitar Butler" who made her debut in the family last year. My sister owns this guitar, and she was moving a very long distance. Instruments can be damaged in cargo holds of planes, so my sister bought a ticket so the guitar would have a seat next to her on the plane. The ticket had the name "Guitar Butler" printed on it, and the guitar was essentialy treated as a person. Hence, the name was born!

MasonLeskowitz said...

We've enjoyed the CD you made for us a while ago, Kendra :). So happy you were able to find a piano that worked for you and your space :)

Sara said...

Congratulations! Kendra without a piano just doesn't seem right!

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

Thanks, thanks, and more thanks! Merci beaucoup! You guys know me well...