Friday, July 10, 2009

In France with the Bjorcks!

Our friends Jeff and Sharon came all the way from California to see us earlier this week! It was such a pleasure catching up with them and a privilege to show them around our side of France. We enjoyed each other's company immensely, and we are sad that they had to go back home. :( Thanks for coming, Jeff and Sharon (and thanks for all the treats, joe-joe's, and kitty toys too)!!!

Jeff was the principle photographer for our time together, so all of these shots are from him:

This is our best photo of Evan smiling! It's very hard to capture our sweet son's smile (pull out the camera and the smile disappears), so this is extra special.

Two smiles, amazing!

Waiting for the tram...

In the park at Vienne

Exploring ancient Roman ruins at Vienne

Evan is a happy traveller!

Sharon, Evan, and I share a happy moment.

Enjoying the gardens at park Tet d'Or

Eating lunch at Toutes les Coleurs. This is a vegetarian restaurant that we waited to try until Jeff and Sharon came (they are vegetarians too).

The food was SPECTACULAR!


Walking an ancient Roman road

Jeff and Evan, after some Karate Chops (see below)...

Jeff helped Evan discover his inner karate master, as seen in the videos below.





Evan thought this was quite a hoot, but as soon as we pulled the camera out he put on his straight face. Argh! Wish you could have seen the smiles and giggles! :)

4 comments:

Sara said...

Great pics. I love the first one of Mark and Evan!

Jeff and Sharon said...

Well, we just might be a bit biased (!) but we really think these recent blog entries are perhaps among the most delightful!!! :o)

Everyone who reads these should know that Mark and Kendra are consummate hosts! We had a wonderful time reconnecting with Mark and Kendra and getting to become friends with Evan! He's a kick!

Jeff and Sharon

Ngân Đàm said...

I love those smiles! Evan is becoming quite a traveller :)...I hope you guys will make it to Viet Nam some day, I have lots of good recommendations!!

Big hugs!!

mallena said...

I love all the video clips. It looks like you've got some really great friends.

It was fun catching up with your mom at the reunion on Saturday. I of course missed you, those things just aren't the same without the anticipation of seeing you. I remember the excitement of seeing your car pull into the driveway. Ahhhh.....the memories! ANYWAY, I was excited/sad to hear you'll be back in the states in January. I'm excited because maybe now I'll be able to see you, sad because I won't have anyone I know living in France. Too bad I'm too poor to travel now. Maybe someday you can take me-----GIRL'S TRIP! :)

Love you!