Friday, August 14, 2009

The hat post...


I've been meaning to do this post for a very long time. Evan was given a very nice English cap (thanks Sara!!) as a birthday present. He wears it as handsomely as his dad wears his!


Like father like son, such a handsome duo! This was taken in May...

These pics were taken just two days ago. Alas, the hat was a little tight... I will miss seeing Evan wearing it!

This hat got some very fun attention around town. My favorite was when, as we were disembarking from the tram, an elderly French gentleman with a tan cap very similiar to Evan's, gave a big chuckle and pointed out Evan to his wife, who also smiled hugely.

Thankfully, Evan is a very lucky boy. He may have grown out of this cap, but thanks to some other admirers (thanks Jean, Monina, Naoko, Esther, and Virginia!!), Evan has another hat that's just beginning to fit him.

The blue brings out his eyes.

Three generations!! It's in Evan's genes to look so good in his hat(s)!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I'm glad he has a new one to keep wearing. :) Thanks for the pics.

mallena said...

When I saw the hat on Evan I seriously thought it was Mark's! The fact that it wouldn't fit his head didn't even cross my mind until now. :) I agree, all three Butler males look great in their hats!

Senegal Daily said...

It is an adorable look for him. I'm sure the ladies go nutso over it.

I love the one of him 'adjusting' the hat :)

The Massons said...

hey kendra! i hope the day of the birth i have a similar experience as you-a nice midwife and nurse :) thanks for the encouragement

jeanbean said...

Your Evan sure is a "little man" already! I really like the three generation of Butlers sporting a French hat or whatever you call it.
I loved this post. : )
Thanks for sharing.

Ngân Đàm said...

Hello handsomeness!