Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mom and Dad's Europe Extravaganza, Part 2...

When we arrived in Dijon in the evening of Day 2, we found the city to be virtually empty. We walked the cobbled streets alone, until we found all the people in the restaurants, and some surprisingly good pizza. My parents immediately liked Dijon above Paris. Small, quaint, old, and much slower paced. I can't wait to take Mark back, actually, as seeing it was one of the highlights of our trip. Unfortunately I didn't take many photos because Dad was camera-happy one. I am going to include a few of photos that I took from his camera, but otherwise, Dijon will be under-represented.

Mom and Dad in front of one of the oldest houses in Dijon (14...something).


Lunchtime! Mom holds a pastrami sandwich from the neighborhood bakery.


Photo opportunities outside the hotel room.


In the park.

In the park.

Romance in the park. (I did not notice the empty beer box/bottles when I took the photo--oops! Without knowing my parents, a person could come to an entirely different interpretation of this photograph!)


Mom and Dad came to Lyon after Dijon, and they spent 5 days with us. We went to the Musee des Beaux Arts, the Miniatures Museum (very cool), the silk weavers museum, on a boat ride, the Roman museum and archeological grounds, Parc Tet d'Or, the symphony, our neighborhood market, Fourviere, etc. and ended it all with having Jonathan and Kari over to meet the folks. Wonderful! We loved showing our new home to Mom and Dad. Again, I only took a few photos! The following week is much more documented, I promise.

Mom and me in the basilica at Fourviere.

Dad and Fourviere's marble.

Ancient Roman plumbing.

Roman ruins.

At the Roman ruins.

And a couple of photos of Lyon (taken before my parents arrived)...



1 comment:

Doug and Mallena said...

What an amazing place to live. Isn't it interesting how much history is still around today? What a beautiful way to look into the past.

I'm not very good at posting on my blog, but now that I know someone is actually looking, I'll try to do better. :) Have a good Sunday!