Sunday, November 29, 2009

Evan at the Christmas market

Yesterday we had a very fun afternoon at a Christmas market here in Lyon. Evan had his first ride on a Carousel...




Mark and I were the only two adults on the merry-go-round, and I think we were smiling more and having more fun than any of the kids (including Evan, who kept a dead-pan face the entire time)! Evan bounced on Mark's knee during the entire ride, so combined with the up-and-down of the carousel horse, he had a fun ride. He definitely required bouncing, though, because it was too tame for him without it!

I must say....Christmas is twice the magic when you have a little one to share it with!

There was an exhibit at the market of characters from various children's stories. They had a cast of mannequines there, dressed up as various characters. There was a distinct difference in how the characters were portrayed, though. In America, the male characters would have been muscular and have a heroic posture, and the female characters would have had an appearance of kindly innocence. That's not what we saw yesterday!

First, we have Spiderman, with really bad posture and anything but super-human strength.

Next, let me present the tall, leggy, and lost Alice-in-Wonderland.

Here we have the sassy and not-so-little Red Riding Hood.

And finally, my favorite, here is a sexy Snow White, who is seducing the dwarves with her apple...

Mark and I walked home with a great big "HUH???" in our minds...

One final photo...Mark and I noticed the following billboard yesterday and thought it was hilarious:

They sure didn't let Evan have a passport photo like this!

1 comment:

Ngân Đàm said...

Aww...what a fun post Kendra. I love Evan's cuteness!! He's going to look back to this and say, hey, I had my first merry-go-round ride at a Noel market a Lyon...that's pretty cool. :-)

Dod you guys manage to go to Senor Carlos's?