Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A whole new level of mess...

Evan and I sat down to have lunch this afternoon. I prepared some squash for him, and he spit it out faster than anything else I've seen (I was quite surprised he could spit something out with such agility, actually). I wanted to enjoy my lunch, but I knew I would have no hope of that unless I found something else for Evan to munch on too. Otherwise, Evan would loudly tell me all about his displeasure. So, I took one bite out of the perfectly ripe, juicy pear I was saving for dessert, and then handed it to Evan, thinking he would only nibble a bit. Oh dear, was I wrong!!...

The pear was so ripe, that it was perfectly sweet and perfectly squishable at the same time. This was a magic combination for Evan!

He loved squishing the pear his hands, putting his hands in his mouth, and then spreading the rest all over his high chair.

Evan's wearing both squash and pear.

Content

Round two...

...fascinating...

Where did it go?

Over the edge...

...and onto the floor (barely missing the file with important documents that silly Mommy put there).

After a half hour of scrubbing the floor and furniture and a change of clothes for Evan, life was back to normal (whatever that is)!!


6 comments:

MasonLeskowitz said...

"Content"- wow! He looks just like Mark!

Senegal Daily said...

I was going to leave the EXACT same comment :)

Ngân Đàm said...

The squished pear in the last photo looks like a sunny side up! I love the opening line of this post :)...great way to prepare us readers for what follows it!

Sara said...

He looked pleased with himself. Fun times!

Bjorcks said...

Just keep him away from overripe pumpkins. It could be a global disaster! :o)

Lindsey said...

If you think Evan eating solids is messy, wait until you see what the other end starts producing! LOL!