Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And now introducing...lil' Garbanzo!!


IT'S A BOY!


Mark and I are thrilled beyond words at all of the opportunities and possibilities that having a son will bring to our lives! We are so, so , so happy and in love with him...!

My dreams since Monday have been filled with our little baby boy, and I can't help but hope that he is as sweet and dear a baby as his dad was. Here is a photo of Mark in his babyhood. This photo melted my heart the moment I saw it.


For years Mark and I joked about naming our kids after legumes---i.e. "Garbanzo" if we had a boy, and "Chick Pea" if we had a girl. Well, now that we have this precious news, we are graduating our little guy to the more gender-specific name of "Garbanzo!"...though he'll always be our lil' Lentil. :)

6 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Thanks for the Monsieur Lentil preview! But he'll probably look a bit liek you too, Kendra. I think we need a baby mug shot of you as well!

Mark, Kendra, and Evan said...

He!he!~ you are right, Kari. I think I'll have to give a call to my parents to see what photos they can dig up...

MasonLeskowitz said...

I was right! I was anonymous, by the way, by accident, because I hit the wrong boutton! YEA! Rest up, because you will need your energy!
Just FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all three of you! As for guessing from the one blown up photo, I was really lost! It looked to me like mirror images, with a head on the left AND the right, so I gave up!

Have a HAPPY Thanksgiving and maybe have some garbanzos to celebrate!

Love,
Jeff (and Sharon)

Doug and Mallena said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I figured I'd be wrong, but this is one topic I'm not ashamed to be wrong in. I'm so excited for you guys. Mark sure was a cute baby. I think if you can get a mixture of both, he'll be too cute for words.

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!!! I'm not sure how I could have ever found this out from the photos (and I thought it was supposed to be easy to see in the photos!). Yea!!