Thursday, March 5, 2009

More photos...

We finally found an impact drill, and Mark spent a good part of a day drilling holes in our super-hard concrete walls so we could hang our last few pictures and finish our tiny nursery. Yahoo! We're finally moved in, so now I can post some pics of our new apartment (sorry to make you wait so long, Mom)! There have been some other happenings captured on photo too, so I'll just explain as I go...

Mark has discovered a new talent--pregnancy massage! I benefit from his amazing skill almost nightly, and I usually fall into a deep and peaceful sleep by the end. It has the same effect on our kitties as well...


Ngan came over last week, and she taught me how to make lentil eggrolls (soooo tasty). Then she helped me make 80 of them! Wow! So, our freezer is nicely stocked up for postpartum eating. My prediction is that we'll have 48 in our freezer by the time I go into labor--we've already started eating them. :)


36.5 weeks


Welcome to our living room...


Mark's office (attached to living room)...
Our apartment is roughly 450 square feet, which is very different than most American standards! It works surprisingly well, though, thanks to smart design.

Hallway
Sorry, no pics of kitchen. It was kind of messy at the time. :)


Bedroom/nursery


I'm so proud of our little nursery. I'm in love with the canopy! I made the mobile myself, after reading that black and white (or deeply contrasting colors) are good for newborn development.


My belly as of last night, 37 weeks, 1 day. I really feel like lil' g had a growth spurt the last couple of days!


5 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

The apt looks great! So homey and welcoming. I love the mobile. (Have you considered a career via Etsy.com?) And I agree on the growth spurt!

Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Glenn and Cile said...

You're looking great! Can't wait to hear from Kari when Garbanzo is born! Any day now...

Gina Watson said...

Wow! You look great!
Apt look great!
Love the mobile!
Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kendra! I feel like you never left work. This is Karla and everyone from the lab. It's great that we can see your changes from the first few weeks to 37 weeks. Your almost done and a new chapter begins. You look great. Can't wait to see lil'g.

Doug and Mallena said...

Your apartment looks really great. Your mobile creation is awesome and I'm sure your baby will be the smartest in France.

One question, how have you managed to not have your face expand into a balloon? Previously pregnant women want to know your secret----well, at least this one does. You look amazing!